Friday, January 26, 2007

Question #5


What is the mood of this novel?


What happens?


How do the events of this novel make you feel?


The mood of this novel is constraining. It's rather gloomy and dark than humorous and bright. This novel can be interesting because of the idea that animals can talk. Also, the ruling of pigs (in the real World, pigs are presented as stupidest animal of all), and the rebellion made by animals might lead the readers into the book. But it's more informative since the main idea of this novel is 'rebellion'. It gives us idea of communism and its consequences. I think this book can be a great example for students who want to learn about communism. I also connected this novel with the Russian Revolution. When Old major made a fantastic speech about rebellion, I felt like shouting “Go, animals! You can be on top of humans!” I was actually on the animal’s side. But when Napoleon and Squealer started to rule over human and rule over animals, I frowned. I was so angry because not only they were selfish, but they acted as if they were gods. This book makes me think of the society deeper. Before I read this book, I didn't really know why people say that communism is so bad when everyone can have equal rights. But I then realized that someone who has more power, wisdom, and bravery will try to be on top of the others. So as a result, gaps will be crated between people with power and people who have less power. That might cause another rebellion. In my opinion, this book is a really good reference about communism.

No comments: