Friday, January 26, 2007

Question #4






What is the climax of this novel?

What happens?

How do the events of this novel make you feel?


The climax of this story is when Napoleon first broke one of the seven commandments they had. It was the fourth commandment he first tempts to change that said “No animal shall sleep in a bed.” But Napoleon changed it into “No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets.” I think this is the point-of-no-return. This little change made Napoleon to change the whole seven commandments to his will. Also, this is the point when the readers start to doubt what kind of animal Napoleon really is. At first, I really liked Napoleon and all the other animals. I cheered for them, and I wished that they can really get this farm going. But as soon as Napoleon revel his real character at this point, I started to dislike him. The whole idea of bright, loving, and amusing animal farm suddenly turned into a mysterious whodunit. These events of the novel make me feel sympathetic. I know I’m a seventeen years old teenager, but I still believe that animals can actually think. So I really felt sympathetic when the animals failed on maintaining a good animal farm. They failed like the humans expected. I feel like no matter how hard they try, they’ll always crawl under us. That’s what makes me feel so sorry for the animals. I was hoping that the animals will succeed in taking charge of the big farm. But since it failed like that, I’m kind of disappointed. Well, on the other hand, I’m glad that I’m a human.

No comments: